Frequently Asked Questions
Are unofficial transcripts acceptable?
- Unofficial transcripts will be accepted as long as they include the student's name and/or student number. Unofficial transcripts must not show signs of tampering or modification in any form.
When will those selected to receive an award be contacted?
- All recipients will be contacted by telephone and e-mail by July 1. Due to the volume of applications received, only those selected will be contacted.
I started my current studies in the winter semester, I was not registered for courses in the fall, am I still eligible to apply?
- Yes. Applicants must be registered in courses at the time of application and be returning to full-time studies in the fall.
What happens if one of my supporting documents is sent after the deadline?
- Documents sent after the April 1 deadline will not be accepted. All documentation must be post-marked by the deadline. Documents sent electronically must be received by 11:59 EST on April 1.
How should my references submit their forms?
- Reference letters must either be submitted directly by the referee to email@example.com, or be signed and sent by regular mail.
How can I confirm that my documents have been received?
- As each document is received, a notification e-mail will be sent to the applicant. Due to the high volume of documents received just before the deadline, confirmation emails will not be sent for documentation received after March 15.
Can I submit my application and/or documents in French?
- Applicants are invited to submit their application and supporting documents in French. Documents are reviewed by bilingual staff for completeness.
What format do my files have to be in to submit them online?
- Electronic files are accepted in the following formats:
- Microsoft Word (DOC)
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Image files (GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, TIF)
- Hypertext Format (HTML)
Is a printout of grades from my school's web site an acceptable transcript?
- Transcripts printed from student accounts will be accepted as long as they include the student's name and/or student number. These transcripts must not show signs of tampering or modification in any form.
Once I have submitted my application, can I make changes to it?
- All submissions become the property of The Gaulin Foundation and will not be returned. Once submitted, application forms are final and may not be modified. Additional documentation will be accepted up to the deadline.
My phone number, e-mail address, or mailing address have changed, how can I update my file?
- Should your contact information change prior to the notification date (July 1), please inform our selection team by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 514-360-3500.
I am currently on medical leave from my studies, can I still apply?
- Applicants must be currently registered in studies at the time of application and be returning to school in the fall. Students on leave are not eligible to apply.
There are currently holds on my student account that are preventing the release of my grades, can my application be considered anyway?
- No. All documents must be sent by the April 1 deadline.
Is a photocopy of my student card acceptable proof of enrolment?
- No. Acceptable proof of enrolment includes: Letter confirming registration status from the registrar, or a copy of your student account that lists current courses, or a class schedule.
What happens if my supporting documents are received before my application?
- While it is not recommended to have documentation arrive in our office prior to your application, we will retain these and attach them to your application when it does arrive. Please note that documents arriving in this order may result in incorrect status updates.
If I won a scholarship previously, can I reapply?
- Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to re-apply.